On Tuesday 26th September Hull Collegiate School celebrated the launch of Safi Coffee with a visit from The Honourable Reverend Dr Hamlet Mbabazi Kubushenga from Uganda. Dr Hamlet led two assemblies and was the guest speaker during the evening celebration along with Sian Ferguson, James Sweeting from Lincoln & York who store, grind, roast and package Safi Coffee, and Andrea Asbury, Team Uganda leader.
During the day, Phil White, BBC Radio Humberside arrived at school in his Show on the Road bus to broadcast his lunchtime show which included several interviews with members of staff, pupils and Dr Hamlet.
Guests were welcomed with prosecco, turbo gin & tonic with Safi Coffee ice cubes and canapés with musical entertainment from ‘Answers on a Postcard’. They listened to presentations about where it all started followed by tasting this delicious coffee.
Chris Wainman, Assistant Headteacher of Hull Collegiate School and Safi Coffee Leader said: ‘’This is the most inspiring school project ever. Pupils have designed the packaging, painted the logo and are managing the accounts. They are learning about key business skills. It makes sense. For everyone. It makes a difference. I am extremely proud of all our pupils involved in Safi Coffee and I look forward to watching it grow.’’
Safi Coffee Leader Chris Wainman (centre) with Dr Hamlet and his wife Kellen
We would like to thank the following for all your suppport:
- Dr Hamlet Mbabazi Kubushenga
- Mrs Sian Ferguson
- Mr James Sweeting & colleagues, Lincoln & York
- Mrs Joanne Pinkney, Pinx Creative
- Mr Dan McIntyre, www.consultdan.co.uk
- Miss Eleanor Tomlinson, www.eleanortomlinsonart.co.uk
- Mrs Andrea Asbury, Team Uganda 2017 Leader
- Team Uganda 2010, 2013, 2015 & 2017
- Mr Gwyn Williams, Larry’s Bar
- Mr Rob Haworth, Answers on a Postcard (AOAP)
- Chartwells Catering
- Innes Photographers
- Mr Nick Tomlinson, Humberside Fire & Rescue Service
- Phil White, BBC Radio Humberside
- Geraldine Prosser, WE Day
This is an ongoing project we would like to encourage others to be involved. If you are in a position to help in taking this forward, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.